Academic FAQ

 Language Sites: 한국어 | 日本| 中文


Academic FAQ

1. What is online education?

Online education enables people to study without having to go to school physically. It means you can study anytime, anywhere, under exceptional faculty members and scholars from all over the world.

2. How do I know what courses are available?

Pacific InterContinental College (PIC) online education courses are listed under the Undergraduate Programs and Graduate Programs. You can also check with the distance education hotlines at (632) 478 7710.

3. How do I apply to study at PIC?

You can apply at PIC via Online Enrollment page or contact the Administrative Office to receive appropriate application documents.

4. How would I benefit from the PIC online educational system?

At PIC, you are assured of the following benefits and advantages:

  • Students can receive a dual degree through a consortium between the U.S. and the Philippines (U.S. degree will be conferred only by request).
  • Students can attend lectures and take examinations online, and for students whose native language is not English, we offer language assistance by request.
  • An Academic Adviser who speaks the student’s native language will guide that student’s education until the student graduates from PIC.
  • Students can earn degrees with affordable payment options.
  • Students can graduate early (students can finish 3 to 4 terms in one year without breaks). Undergraduate transfer students can earn a degree in one year. Undergraduate freshmen students can earn a degree in two years. Master students can earn a degree in one year, and PhD students can earn a degree in two years.
  • All registered students at PIC can take free English classes to master the English language, regardless of their native languages.
  • Students who graduated in education-related majors can take the teacher employment test in the Philippines by satisfying other requirements, and can be a teacher in the Philippines and the United States accordingly.
  • Students can earn a dual degree from PIC and Shanghai University of International Business and Economics (SUIBE) in 3 years.

5. How quickly can I complete an online education course?

It depends on how fast and how well you can finish your course program curriculum as posted in our website.

6. What computer skills do I need to have in order to use the PIC online education program?

If you are using Word Processing software and able to copy and paste text, email an attached document, and research for information on the Internet, you have enough computer skills to take any of our online education courses

7. How much is the tuition fee for the bachelor's program, master's program or doctoral program?

Tuition fee varies depending on your academic program, major, and nationality. Please contact PIC Administrative Office through e-mail and/or by phone

8. Can I take PIC's online higher education course if I don't have access to the Internet?

No, you can not, but you can visit and access the Internet at your local Internet Cafe's, local Library's, and hourly Online Computer Shop's

9. How do I submit my homework and take exams in a Virtual Classroom?

Generally, you can email your homework and exams to your instructor.

10. Will I receive my certificate of grades every semester?

Yes, you will receive your official certificate of grades at the end of each semester.

11. Will I receive my Official Transcript of Academic Records?

Yes, you will receive your Official Transcript of Academic Records within one (1) week after graduation, or upon your request. A copy of your Official Transcript of Academic Records may also be sent to another educational institution or your place of employment, if requested.

12. How do I get to know who my Academic Adviser is?

You will get to know your Academic Adviser once you have completed your enrollment registration for the semester. That is, upon accomplishing all your documentary requirements and full payment of your tuition fee.

13. What do I do if I have trouble contacting my instructor?

Instructors are not online 24/7 and should be given a reasonable time to respond to student's emails or phone calls. If you have tried contacting your instructor and received no response within 48 hours, send an e-mail to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., including your full name and email address, the name of the instructor and course number, and a brief explanation of when and how you tried to contact the instructor.
For technical problems, you can contact the PIC technical team at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Chat support is also available. You can find it under the CONTACT AND INQUIRIES menu or on the left side of this page: Online Support.

14. How do I know what textbooks I will need for my class?

Textbook information is available at the PIC e-bookstore. Students taking courses with PIC may order their textbooks online at via the PIC e-bookstore for fast and efficient delivery.

15. What are the specific disciplines (degree courses) available?

We offer Bachelor's (General Education), Master's and Doctoral degrees in Speech Communication, Social Welfare, Educational Management, Music Education, Physical Education, English Education, Real Estate Education, Computer Education, Art Education and Theology Education. We also offer additional major degrees from our foreign affiliate university through Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) in Business Administration, Early Childhood Education, Real Estate, Color Therapy and Theology.

For additional information, you can find our Bachelor and Graduate programs under the ACADEMICS menu.

16. How and when can I withdraw from the online distance education course?

You must follow the standard online request procedures for adding or dropping a course. Students should make sure that they are familiar with the standard operating procedures when registering for online education course's

17. How can I apply for USA degree program?

Those students are required to apply and pay the fee for the USA twin/dual degree program before class begins.

Contact Us for more Questions or Concerns

Technical FAQ >>