1. How to study in PIC?
Studying in PIC is as easy as 123, you can watch our video HOW TO STUDY in PIC!
Study Modules: Audio-Video Presentations, Powerpoint, and text files.
Other Ways: Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP), Skype, E-mail, Chat and others.
2. What do I do if I can’t access the MyPIC website because they are down?
You may check to see if you are trying to access them during the normal maintenance period which is from 6am to 12mn (Philippine time) on Sundays. As such, myPIC will not be available during that time. If myPIC is down during the scheduled maintenance period, you will see on your screen a flashing notice when you visit our site. So, please check it again after the maintenance period.
3. What are the minimum technical requirements for these courses?
The minimum technical requirements for these online courses are as follow:
- A personal computer (iPad or smart phone) , Internet access and headset. Your Internet access should be either via a modem and phone line or a direct network connection (highly recommended). Your Internet at home access and/or access from work is very basic to start your course. You must have Internet access at least 10 hours per week.
- PC Hardware Requirements: All Pentium or Intel PCs; Windows XP Operating System or higher; 2 GB RAM (or higher), 160 GB HD or better; sound card, speakers, and plug-ins for Java and Flash Media.
- Macintosh Hardware Requirements: Macintosh 68040, including all Power PC machines; Mac 0S 9 or higher 2 GB RAM (or higher), 160 GB HD or better; sound card, speakers, and plug ins for Java And Flash Media.
- Software Requirements: Microsoft Word, WordPerfect, or another word processing program capable of saving files in RTF (Rich Text Format) are needed.
- Web Browser Setting: Firefox 3.x or Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher. If you plan to use a browser supplied by your service provider make sure it is the most recent version. Google Chrome is compatible with PIC’s eLearning system.
- Windows Real Player or Microsoft Media Player is recommended.
- A valid PIC email account.
4. Who do I contact if I am having technical difficulties?
5. My password has expired, what do I do?
Sign up again or contact us.