Professional Teaching Certificate
PROFESSIONAL TEACHING CERTIFICATION PROGRAM (PTCP)
ROFESSIONAL TEACHING CERTIFICATION PROGRAM (PTCP) Pacific InterContinental College (PIC) has had its guiding principles of effective learning using the technology via the myPIC virtual classroom (Internet-based), collaboration, practical application, and extension classroom experience.
The Professional Teaching Certification Program (PTCP) at PIC is an 18 – unit non-degree program is offered to help those BA graduate professional students, in any field and who aspires to enter the teaching profession at the secondary education level either in private or public schools.
Students will successfully learn from the courses modules in the myPIC virtual classroom and from among themselves as they learn from their instructors and in so doing, they will learn to transform traditional classrooms experience into online collaborative learning environments.
Student who completed the PTCP is awarded a Certification of Completion regarding the 18-unit professional education requirement for him/her to be allowed to take the Licensure Examination for Teachers (LET) administered by the Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC).
Learn more about:
Professional Education Units
- Students must complete 18 units of course work, distributed as follows:
3 units each for Clusters 1 to 4 and six units for Cluster 5.
- The course load is 6 units (equivalent to two course) per trimester
The course materials that the students receive are available in different formats – online, hard copy, power point presentation and audio visual presentation conducted in both online and distance modes of learning. The course materials provided are relevant and thorough which develop the professional skills of aspiring teachers and reshaping them as confident secondary school teachers.
Licensure Examination for Teachers (LET)
Graduates with undergraduate degrees in Education, such as Bachelor of Elementary Education, Bachelor of Secondary Education, and Bachelor of Early Childhood Education, and their respective equivalents, are qualified to take the LET.
Non-education graduates are allowed to take the LET subject to the following conditions:
- For teachers in the secondary grades, a bachelor’s degree in the arts or sciences, with at least 18 units of professional education; and
- Evaluation for eligibility to take the LET is conducted by the PRC for each individual who files an application to take the examination. The PRC may require a student to take additional courses, beyond the 18 units in professional education that she/he has completed under PIC’s PTC program. It is the individual student’s responsibility to present his/her credentials to the PRC and inquire what the requirements are for taking the LET.
Term 1: January to April
Term 2: May to August
Term 3: September to December
The expected regular study load for PTCP students on a trimestral schedule is 6 units, equivalent to two 3-unit courses. Students who enroll 6 units per term for three consecutive terms are expected to complete the PTCP in one academic year.
Professional Teaching Certification Program (PTCP) Application
Step 1. Online application. Please click the link
Office of the Registrar
Pacific InterContinental College (PIC)
Lot 20, Blk 30, Silver cor. Marble Road
Pilar Village, Las Pinas City
Please read below of the required submission of original documents:
A. Photocopy of Transcript of Records (TOR) for all degrees earned
- TOR should state the degree obtained, the date of graduation and the Special Order (S.O) Number from the CHED.
- The TOR should bear the school dry seal and the Registrar’s signature
B. Two recent identical 2” x 2” and 1” x 1” photos
Step 3. Pay the application fee of PhP1, 000.00 for applicants living in the Philippines. You may also want to browse through www.pic.edu.ph for more details. We look forward to having you as our student.